UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2017 – Apply Online for CDS II Examination: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification to recruit officers in Indian Army, Navy, Airforce. The UPSC CDS II notification has released on 9th August 2017. Interested and Eligible Indian citizens may apply online for 414 various posts through UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) II 2017. Candidates should apply from 9th August 2017 to 8th September 2017. Check other details age limit, educational qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below.
UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2017 Vacancy Details
Organization: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Name of the Examination: CDS Examination (II), 2017 (Including SSC Women (Non-Technical Course)
Job Location: All Over India
Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
Number of Vacancies: 414
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (For Women) – 12
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad(Pre-Flying) – 32
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 45
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (For Men) – 225
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC CDS 2 Recruitment 2017
|Indian Military Academy||Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and
not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.
|Indian Naval Academy||Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 994 and not later than 1st July 1999 only are eligible.|
|Indian Airforce Academy||20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2018 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1994 and not
later than 1st July 1998.
|Officer’s Training Academy(Women)||Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless
divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.
They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July,
|Officer’s Training Academy (Men)||Candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July,
1999 only are eligible.
Educational Qualification: Contenders who have done the Post Graduation —- to apply these posts.
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy— Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy— Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy— Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
Application Fee for CDS II Examination
The candidates should have to pay application fee Rs.200/-. Female, SC, and ST candidates have exempted from the application fee for CDS II Examination.
CDS 2 Exam Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of three stages.
- Online Written Examination
- After the Written Examination candidates will get selected for SSB Interview
- Personal Verification follows Document Verification
Pay Scale: Refer the official notification to know the Pay Scale details.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2017
1. Go to the UPSC official website www.upsconline.nic.in
2. Click on “ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC” link
3. Now click on “Click Here for Part I”
4. Read the Instructions carefully and click on ‘Yes’ button
5. Fill all required fields of Part 1 Registration
6. Pay the Application Fee
7. Select the Center of Examination
8. Upload the Photo & Signature
9. Submit the Application Form
10. Take a printout of the Application Form
Last Date to Apply Online: 08.09.2017
CDS II Examination Date: 19.11.2017
UPSC CDS Examination 2017 Pattern
The candidates who want to apply CDS 2 examination must be aware of the pattern.
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy
For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy